الاثنين، أكتوبر ١٣، ٢٠٠٨

my fair weathered friend

I like this poem so much, I feel it so much now ....

It was wrote by a poet who calls himself
Pebble



Where flowers once blossomed and grew
Now withered leaves are falling
And through the dreamland I wandered with you
Now the lonely wind is howling.

When I laughed you laughed with me
But now I weep alone
How easily you could borrow my glee
But couldn't share my groans.

We sang and all the hills did resound
But now my sighs are lost in the air
You echoed my happy sounds
But shrank from voicing care.

When there was rejoicing we were together
When I grieved you turned to go
You shared full measure of all my pleasure
But you could not take my woe.

In joy you were a friend to me
In sorrow you don't hear me call
You did not decline my nectar'd wine
But alone I drink life's gall.

Like the cuckoo which sang us songs
You deserted me when winter came along
You were there so loving in the sun
But left me in the gloomy shadows
To find new companions, to have more fun
In greener pastures and meadows

O my friend in fair weather!!

~ Pebble ~


Here's the original link http://www.kavitanjali.com/pgjun02/myfairweatheredfriend.htm

and here is some poems by Pebble http://www.kavitanjali.com/newpoets/pebble.htm